roundel-1.jpg (1316 bytes)

RT3236 - "Big Red"
RT3236 shortly after arrival in Australia

Receiving some family care

(Weyman) body number 6114 was new in July 1950, and entered service that year as Greenline coach RT3233.
In 1967, during overhaul at Aldenham it became RT3236 (KYY965.)
The change to red livery probably occurred in 1972 whilst in the hands of Ted Brakell, a dealer in Cheam.   The bus was originally destined for a further career of service in Canada (hence the nasty little clearance lights at roof level, one day to be dispensed with!)
"Big Red" was discovered at Cobham Bus Museum in 1973 by her present owner Eric Scott and shipped to Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia.   Seen here in mid 1973 shortly before dusk, the bus is receiving some family care and attention.