(Book 4 of the Deverry series)
Apologies, excuses, ages since I read it before getting to this review. Dim recollections:
- Pacing, plot rolls you along
- Nevyn’s victory: well realised picture of a master taking on a nasty but inferior contender
Not so good:
- Romance. Typically bad fantasy dialogue – unrealistic, claiming depth and profundity, delivering pap. Mistakes seedy for mature.
- Rhodry must be good – he can beat anyone in a sword fight
- And so can Jill
- And so can the mega assassin turned bodyguard
Sorry, that’s about it.