E-MAIL WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS
E-mail POP3 Account
How to create an account on Outlook Express.
Some ISPs will set up your account for you. Some will give you
a floppy disc, or ask you to bring your computer into the shop.
Some will set it up for you on line; BigPond does it this way.
Otherwise you can do it yourself.
- On the main window menu bar, select the Tools menu, and
click on "Accounts."
- Select the "mail" tab.
- Click the "Add" button.
- From the Add menu, click "Mail." OE will call
up a wizard to guide you through the following steps.
- In the text box labelled Display Name, type your name and
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address and
In the above example, you have selected "I
already have an e-mail address" which of course you
do once you have opened an account with an ISP. Note that
the e-mail address is shown in full.
- Select "POP3" to answer the question "My
incoming e-mail server is a
- In the Incoming Mail server box, type whatever your ISP
- In the Outgoing Mail server box, type whatever your ISP
- Click "Next."
- In the Account Name box, type a name for this account
- In the Password box, type your e-mail Password.
- If you want Outlook Express to remember your password,
check the "Remember password" box.
- Do not check the "Log on using secure
- Click "Next."
- Click "Finish."
Follow the wizard prompts, and be prepared to go back over it
and alter some of the information if you do not get it right
first time. You can do this best by clicking on the account name
and selecting "Properties".
Address Book and Groups
© James Nelson, 2001.