Some other works are listed on the bibliography page.
- Picket, J.W. and Alder, J.D., 1997. LAYERS OF TIME: THE BLUE MOUNTAINS AND THEIR GEOLOGY. NSW Dept. of Mineral
Resources, Sydney. 34pp.
(Although specifically dealing with the Blue Mountains area south and east of Newnes Junction, this book also serves
as a very good introduction to the geology that is found in the Newnes area.)
- Herbert, C. and Helby, R. (eds), 1980. A GUIDE TO THE SYDNEY BASIN. Geological Survey of NSW, Bulletin 26, NSW Dept.
of Mineral Resources, Sydney. 603pp.
(A far more in-depth coverage of Sydney Basin geology. It also contains an extensive list of references.)
- Carne, J.E., 1903. THE KEROSENE SHALE DEPOSITS OF NEW SOUTH WALES. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of NSW, Geol. 3.
NSW Dept. of Mineral Resources, Sydney. 333pp.
A major work on the oil-shale industry in New South Wales and its geology. Covers all aspects of this industry prior
to the establishment of Newnes.)
- Goldbery, R., 1969. GEOLOGY OF THE WESTERN BLUE MOUNTAINS. Geological Survey of NSW, Bulletin 20, NSW Dept. of
Mineral Resources, Sydney. 173pp, 13plates.
(A bit dated now, but this volume has a number of stratigraphic logs, including one at Wolgan Gap and another at
- Cox, R., O'Dea, T.R., and Graylin, R.K., 1980. Economic Geology of the Wolgan Coking Coal Deposit, Western
Coalfield, N.S.W., Australia. Proc. Australas. Inst. Min. Metall., No.273, pp. 1-12
(Somewhat technical, but deals with the coal tested in the mid 1970s just south of Newnes.)