Road Safety News and Links - Vehicle Safety and Environment 2
SEARCH THIS PAGE - Ctrl-F (Windows) Cmd-F (Mac)
No glitz, hype or ads! This page is designed for easy and quick updating
by me and fast loading by you. It uses plain and simple HTML and,
unlike most fancy web pages these days, it will be cached in your
Browser so don't hestitate to use the Back button. Also you wont see
waiting for a non-caching page to be created on the fly. When 99% of
Internet users are on broadband/cable I might consider fancier pages! Page started 1999.
April 2003: Now using an Apple iMac running Macintosh OS X -
brilliant. No more Windows crashes.
Broken links? There are hundreds of
links on this page, some dating back to the 1990s. Unfortunately there
seem to be hundreds of reasons why IT departments want to change
webpage addresses. My apologies if links no longer work.
For other government sites (all types, anywhere in the world) see the huge
list maintained at GKSOFT.
For research organisations see Consultants.
Top of page
Motoring Organisations (vehicle
safety pages, where readily available)
Other Vehicle Safety Sites (random order - usually newest at
Vehicle Safety Conferences
- 20 Feb 15 ACRS: ARSC2015 - Call for Abstracts - NOW OPEN
- the inaugural Australasian Road Safety Conference (ARSC2015) to be
held at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland,
Australia, from Wednesday 14 to Friday 16 October 2015.
- Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference
- 2010 Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference, National Convention Centre, Canberra - 31 August to 3 September 2010.
- 2009 Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference: Sydney 11-13 Nov 2009 + ROAD SAFETY 2020: Smart solutions, sustainability, vision: Perth 5-6 Nov 2009 + First International Conference on Intelligent Speed Adaptation: Sydney 10 Nov 2009.
- 2008 Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference: Adelaide 10-12 November 2008
- 2007 Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference was held in Melbourne, 17 - 19 October 2007
of Annual Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference
Proceedings (no longer active!)
- Enhanced Safety of Vehicles (ESV - NHTSA site with links to proceedings) - a key biannual
conference on vehicle safety.
- 25th ESV, Detroit, USA 5-8 June 2017 Proceedings are currently here - they might be moved to the NHTSA website eventually.
- 24th ESV, Gothenburg, Sweden 8-11 June 2015
- 23rd ESV Seoul, South Korea 27-30 May 2013
- 22nd ESV, Washington DC June 2011.
- 21st ESV- Stuttgart, Germany 15-18 June 2009.
- 20th ESV - Lyon (France), June 18-21, 2007
- 19th ESV
Conference, Washington, DC, June 6 - 9,
- 18th ESV Conference
- May 19-22, 2003, Nagoya, Japan.
- 17th ESV
Conference 2001 (Netherlands).
- 16th ESV
Proceedings (1998 Windsor)
- 15th ESV
Abstracts (1996 Melbourne) (sorry - no longer available!
Please tell NHTSA if you want
all ESV abstracts/papers available on the Internet)
Research Council on the Biomechanics of Impact.
- SAE World Congress
- March each year (usually Detroit).
- Canadian Multidisciplinary Road Safety Conference Abstracts
from previous conferences.
- The XVII Canadian Multidisciplinary Road Safety Conference