To run DC2000 suite of products - download the following
files : dc2000wg.zip, dcsetup.zip and dcwg_last.zip ( go to "upgrades"
Then run dc2000wg.exe and dcsetup.exe .
After the installation has been completed run dcwg_last.exe (the file
has only latest executable for dc2000wg). It will update the dc2000wg.exe
- Install DC
2000 Server server. It is recommended to install it in C:\DC2000WG.
There is no restrictions to install it on any directory on a network.
This will install a sample Microsoft Access database as well. Setup
will start DC 2000 server and/or Explorer/WorkFlow
- Please do first installation for Explorer and Server from one PC.
This will automatically detect the name of the Server where DC 2000
products will be launched.
- Connect with any user name - system will create user account automatically.
Password for automatic accounts - viewer.
- DC 2000 server has facility automatically restore connections with
all running DC 2000 Explorer or WorkFlow clients on the network.
- DC 2000 Server uses Windows sockets to communicate with clients. As
default it is configured to port number 8006. If this port allocated
to another program on the computer - you can change it in DC Server.
- We discovered that if DC 2000 products require more than 1 min to
establish connection it could be because of TCP/IP settings on a computer
(DNS/LMHOST Lookup/Gateway IP addresses).
- DC 2000 (clients and server) can run on Win 3.1x with Win 32 installed.
This is not tested yet.
Note about the license for DC2000 Server: if you got the
message that DC license expired then do the following:
Use DCSERVER/Administration/License manager and create upgrade
file, save it and send it to edmsales.
We will generate a license file with keys and will send you that file
To upgrade the system to a new license - open License file
in DCSERVER/Administration/License manager and upgrade it.
Note: DC Server license is linked to PC TCP/IP address.
Please make sure that you will supply right TCP/IP.